Kimberlee's Reviews > The Mother-Daughter Book Club

The Mother-Daughter Book Club by Heather Vogel Frederick

May 31, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in May, 2009

Overall, this was a cute book. Don't think I'd necessarily recommend it, but it wasn't a total waste of time either. The writing certainly wasn't stellar, but probably on target for its young adult audience. I saw this book on display at the library, and truth be told, I was most attracted by the book's cover. But also the idea of a mother-daughter book club. The book they chose to read for their club was Louisa May Alcott's Little Women. The story is told through the eyes of the four book club members, 6th graders, who are all facing different real-life struggles with their moms and with life in general. Each chapter is told from a different girl's point of view, so sometimes the pronoun "I" can get confusing, but it was a fun way to tell the story. This book did two things: got me excited to read Little Women, which I've never read before, and got me excited to share fun things like this with my daughters in a few years.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mother-Daughter Book Club.