Lenore Appelhans's Reviews > Before I Fall

Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver

Sep 22, 09

bookshelves: favorites, afterlife, met-the-author, own-hardcover, signed
Read in September, 2009

Full review closer to pub date, but I just have to say now I am stunned by how amazing this novel is. Definitely one for my all time favorites list.

At the beginning, Sam was so unlikeable, I was terrified I wouldn't like the book, but I need not have worried. Sam probably experiences the most growth of any character I've ever encountered, and I love how chaos theory was so seamlessly integrated, giving the story an impressive depth and enough unpredictability to make it edge-of-your-seat, stay-up-all-night perfect.

I'm in love.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.

Quotes Lenore Liked

Lauren Oliver
“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

Lauren Oliver
“I guess that's what saying good-bye is always like--like jumping off an edge. The worst part is making the choice to do it. Once you're in the air, there's nothing you can do but let go.”
Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sab H.  (YA Bliss) Aw, lucky you!! I cant wait for this one!

Lenore Appelhans I am very excited about it!!

Steph Su I'm so jealous that you got to read it, and can't wait even more now that you're absolutely in love with it!