Daisiemae's Reviews > The Curtis Reincarnation

The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest

Jun 03, 2009

bookshelves: books-read-in-2009, books-reviewed-in-2009, books-to-i-will-never-part-with, contemporary-romance, e-book, male-male-romance-erotica
Read in June, 2009 , read count: 2

The Curtis Reincarnation by Zathyn Priest was almost a blind buy for me. I had read a brief interview about the author, and thought I would give it a shot. I am very glad I did! Not only was The Curtis Reincarnation a fast paced, sweet and loving romance, I really felt a connection between all of the characters. They were interesting and well developed, they all (including the secondary characters) were someone I would be proud to be friends with.

I would not consider this an Erotic Romance. I would put this under more of a sensual romance, which was totally fine with me. Between the storyline and the chemistry between the heroes, I honestly didn’t miss the erotic sex much. Don’t get me wrong, there is sex in this story, but not a lot of it, nor is it very explicit. You won’t miss it, believe me.

Jordan Braxton is an everyday average guy. He successfully works from home has a sister (who is also his roommate) who drives him crazy, owns a cat named Furball, and is looking for his one true love. When his sister wins concert tickets, and an after show meet and greet party, to see the very famous Tyler Curtis, Jordan is not impressed. Tyler is obnoxious, crude and has a reputation with the ladies that would make the Pope weep with shame. Jordan can’t stand him, and thinks his behavior is despicable. When Jordan’s sister begs, pleads and bribes for Jordan to go with her, he reluctantly gives in.

From the moment he witnesses Tyler in concert he is intrigued. Yes, Tyler is crass and curses like a sailor, but his obvious talent and huge persona on stage fascinates Jordan in spite of his dislike for the singer.

After the concert Jordan and his sister attend a meet and greet. While Jordan sits off to the side, he spots Tyler standing in the wings. Tyler starts doing some uncharacteristic things (you’ll have to read it) and Jordan becomes more and more attractive to the now mysterious Tyler. Tyler obviously thinks he cannot be seen, but when he spots Jordan watching him there is a connection that sizzles between them before Tyler disappears behind the stage.

Confused by his sudden change of heart for the hugely successful singer, Jordan decides to wander around the hotel the meet and greet is at. After some time, he runs into Tyler and he gets his chance to talk with the rock star alone. The more he is around Tyler, the more Jordan realizes that the bad ass rock star image Tyler has obtained starts to crumble. They form an immediate connection, and Jordan and Tyler soon fall head over heels for one another.

I loved Tyler. He ended up being such a sweet man. I thought he was a refreshing character. I don’t want to get into much about him because I really don’t want to spoil it, but his innocence (yes I said innocence) and the trials he goes through, made him a character that was easy to root for, and stand behind. I thought he and Jordan were made for one another, and even though they fall in love practically at first sight, there is enough angst to make their story interesting and so SWEET to read.

I loved this story, and I am looking forward to reading more written by this author! This was easily a 5 star read for me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curtis Reincarnation.

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-25 of 25) </span> <span class="smallText">(25 new)</span>

A.K.M. Miles You're going to love it! AKM Miles

Daisiemae Your right! I do love this one so far:) Have you read the other book written by this author? I plan on reading it sometime this week:)

A.K.M. Miles Yes and it is equally as wonderful but very different dark and murder and so on but he is a great writer don't expect the same feeling as in this one. I'm a fan of his!

A.K.M. Miles and a friend

Daisiemae Cool:) I really like his style of writing, plus I love Tyler. He's more complex that I expected. He and Jordan are a good match.

A.K.M. Miles Me, too. I was so pleasantly surprised by how complex and it made it so much more of a book. Enjoy.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome review! I will definitely pick this up

message 8: by Tammy (new)

Tammy This one sounds good! Great review D!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Great review, Shel! I think I might have to read this one next.

message 10: by Ava (new)

Ava Fab review, Shellie!

A.K.M. Miles I knew it!

Shayne Fabulous review, Shell! We'll be reading this one soon.

Brenda (b) Great review Shellie. Sounds like I need to move this up in the TBR list.

Lindsay This looks like my kind of book! Great review!

Natsroshan I'm joining the club too.
Thanks for this wonderful review Daisie. You sold me another one. I have to read it as soon as possible!!!

Rachel Me too! Great review, Daise.

Sophie Great review, Daisiemae.

message 18: by Josh (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josh Very nice review. We'll have to see what Jack and Shayne think of it, too. Maybe you can suggest some books with suspense or mystery in it.

message 19: by Brent (new)

Brent Great review.

Sidda Lee wow. this looks great! thanks for reviewing it.

Daisiemae Thanks for the compliments y'all:) I hope you love it as much as I did:)

Gabbi Awesome review, Dais. Can't wait to read this one

Daisiemae Your going to love it Gabbi:)

message 24: by Jack (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jack I've been informed we are reading this one this weekend...lol! Informative review, Shell

Shayne You got that right! LOL