Jodi's Reviews > Best Friends Forever

May 06, 12

bookshelves: chick-lit
Recommended for: women
Read from November 03 to 04, 2010, read count: 2

Good, quick read but a tad over the top - after all why would a good down to earth woman run off with her friend to the Florida Keys when she thinks she may have killed a man when she hasn't even seen her friend in many years? That part aside, I loved how Addie, the main character, is a thirty-something woman looking for love with little luck seems to "have-it-all" by the end of the book - that made me happy for her because she truly deserved to be happy!

Just have to ask though..........Is joggling real? I have taking many of the latest fitness classes at my gym but running while jogging? Isn't that a tad dangerous - if you're keeping your eye on the balls, you're not watching where you're running. Sounds fictitious but who knows, there are crazier exercise crazes out there!

4/30/12 Got my own copy from the free shelf at the library so I reread it. Quick and easy book to read. Still like Addie but all the people around her growing up made me mad. Reading it the second time, I still couldn't believe that Addie went along with Val on everything she did - Hello! Call the police! Don't get involved with attempted vehicular homicide but then I guess there wouldn't have been a story! Still snickered about joggling and have yet to see any such thing offered at the gym where I work out! Hee! Hee! Loved the story about Val, the weather girl hitting the woman with a bag of her dog's poop and the headline in the newspaper - "The Sh*t Hit the Fan." That is too funny!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Best Friends Forever.