Crystal's Reviews > Radiant Shadows

Radiant Shadows by Melissa Marr

Mar 18, 10

bookshelves: 2010
Read from March 15 to 17, 2010

I have been going back and forth on the rating for this one and I decided on 4 stars. I give it 4 because the more I think about it the more I love how Marr is setting this up for a finale. This book enters around two minor characters that you met briefly in her previous book, but by the end of this one they turn out to be major players in her faery world. I knew that Radiant Shadows would not focus on Seth and Ash so I went thinking that this one would be a side story like Ink Exchange, but I now know that if I had skipped this one I would have missed so much. Seth is present in this, but he has always been involved with the Dark Court so that didn't surprise me too much. The only point that truly bothered me was the relationship Devlin held with Rae and Ani at the end. I found it a little creepy and I hope that Marr separates Rae and Ani in the final book. All in all though I liked this one and I am ready for the conclusion!
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Radiant Shadows.

Crystal Woohoo Thanks Heather!!!

Heather You're welcome :) I hope you like it!

Crystal I didn't like it as much as I hoped but it was still good and I am uber excited for the final book. I am creeped out by a couple of things but all in all it was a good book.

Thanks again for sending it!!

message 4: by Arlene (last edited May 03, 2010 08:28AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Arlene I was trying to hold off on reading your review, but I'm almost done with the book and I needed an incentive to finish it. Boy does this book... what's the right word?? Suck! That's it. So boring!!!

Crystal Arlene wrote: "I was trying to hold off on reading your review, but I'm almost done with the book and I needed an incentive to finish it. Boy does this book... what's the right word?? Suck! That's it. So boring!!!"

Oh I liked it lol =) I wanted to warn you, Kari, and Monica that Seth and Keenan really weren't in this one but I didn't want to give any spoilers. I can see where the story would be boring, but I really liked how Marr ended it. I hope the ending is better than the beginning for you =)

Arlene I just finished it. I should have skipped the first 275 pages of bore and just read the last part. Seriously could have used some major chopping. This series could have easily been a trilogy. It's losing me rather quickly. Good thing there's only one book left.

Crystal I am sorry you didn't like it =( I should have warned you that Seth and the gang were absent from this book. I hope the next one turns out better for you =)

Arlene No need to be sorry. I would probably have read it anyway. I hope the last one is good too. :)