Heather's Reviews > Naked in Death

Naked in Death by J.D. Robb

Sep 19, 14

bookshelves: mystery-thriller, romance, own
Read in September, 2010

I’ve been looking forward to reading this book for quite awhile and am happy to report that it did not disappoint. Several good friends of mine have read and enjoyed this series and I can see why. I thought it had a great combination of romance and mystery/suspense and I loved that there was actually a pretty decent storyline to go along with the juicy love scenes. Going into the book, I was a little worried about what I’d think of the futuristic setting. I actually liked it and thought it added an interesting element to the story. The two main characters, Eve Dallas and Rourke, were both very likable and had some nice chemistry going on. I’m excited to see how that relationship develops in the upcoming books. There are a ton of books in this series! I’m really curious to see if they stay fresh and exciting all the way through. I think that would be hard to do after so many books. I guess we’ll see.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naked in Death.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dorie (new)

Dorie You're hooked now, Heather! Welcome to the club. Just FYI, the books get better with added secondary characters. I also think the mysteries themselves improved after about the third book. It's amazing to me how much I look forward to a new entry in the series after I've read so many of them. Glad you enjoyed this one, and nice review!

Heather Thanks, Dorie! I love reading series and am so excited to have found another one to enjoy. And a long one! Have you read all of the books that have been released for this series?

message 3: by Dorie (new)

Dorie Oh, absolutely Heather. I've read them all, and stand impatiently tapping my foot on publication day waiting to get my hands on the next! The one thing I like is that the characters grow and change throughout the series. I hope you'll love them all like I do. Next 'In Death' book for me is out in November. I'm already counting the days. Robb stumbles a bit from time to time, but overall great series. Amazing considering how many there are.

Heather That's awesome! I was really hoping that the books didn't start to fizzle out mid-series. And you're right, that's pretty darn amazing for so many books! I'm even more excited now to keep on with it! :)