Crystal's Reviews > The Van Alen Legacy

The Van Alen Legacy by Melissa de la Cruz

Nov 16, 09

bookshelves: 2009
Read in November, 2009

Wow this book is the absolute best in the series so far IMO. I could not put it down and I can not wait for the 5th! The story stays true to its history and Cruz does a great job interweaving the past with the present. I was shocked several times throughout and scared for so many of her characters, she through quite a few curveballs. I would think that trying to build a story with so much back history would be mind numbing but I got so caught up in every detail that I never stopped to think about how complicated it all should be. Cruz did a wonderful job with this series.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Van Alen Legacy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Heather So, how's it going? Are you loving it? :)

Crystal I am really enjoying it =)

Crystal Heather I squeed at that awesome kiss!!!

Heather I know! lol. I loved that kiss. Gawd it was filled with steam and I am soooo soooo sooo happy that Jack and Sky are together! SQUEEEE!

And I felt so bad for Mimi. I'm hoping that Kingsley is gone but not lost.

Crystal I felt really bad for Mimi especially since she decided to forsake the bond. I ended up really liking her character but I will have to hurt her if she hurts Jack. Kingsley was a great character too his mannerisms were so funny. My heart broke for Oliver but I am glad he knew what was best and took it like a man. I will definitely reread this series! SQUEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Do you know when the 5th will be released?

Heather I always felt bad for Mimi and I really loved her and Kingsley together. I don't think she will really hurt Jack, deep down, she really isn't bad. I kinda felt bad for Ollie too, but I think he will be better off in the long run. I'm so glad that you enjoyed this series and I am very happy to have someone to squee with now :) I really liked the way Cruz described Jack when he was going to rescue Sky.
The 5th will be released this time next year if not a little sooner. There is usually about 10 months between releases.

Crystal I know I am very thankful that you recommended it! I actually like it better than 3/4 of the books I have been reading. Mimi better not hurt him I will put her on my poo-poo list if she does. I hope Kingsley comes back he seems to give her what she needs the most. I enjoyed how Cruz has set up so many different story lines within this book. It keeps it exciting. I mean you have Jack and Sky, Bliss and Sophia, Allegra and CHarles the list just goes on and on.

Heather exactly. I is almost like a soap opera and yet it is so well written that I am loathe to compare it to a soap opera. The story is brilliantly plotted, imo and the characters are developed very well. My hope is that Jack and Sky will be able to bond and that Mimi will get Kingsley back.