Donna Bolton's Reviews > Marley & Me: Life and Love with the World's Worst Dog

Marley & Me by John Grogan

Sep 06, 2007

Recommended for: any one who has a love and passion for their "horrible" dog.
Read in January, 2006

I loved this book. My now husband bought it for me last year for my birthday. When we had started dating, we found and loved a little mutt named Stella. When she was killed, our world was rocked. We felt foolish for being so upset over a dog. Neither one of us could stop crying for weeks. We didn't even have her a year when she died. This book made us both feel so good becuase it reminded us why we were so devistated. It was not only because Stella was a PERFECT dog. It was that she was there when we fell in love. All of our memories of the begining had her there. She was our little doggie-angel that showed us so much and then left us to pick up the pieces and to go at it alone. That is why we were so upset. Reading this book was wonderful. When a story like this begins...you know the dog will die. But you want to keep reading because you understand why it is worth it. You know you will cry, but you also know it feels good. I often wonder, like the author, "Would we do it again?" And the answer is always....yes yes yes yes. The pain of losing a beloved animal is worth the time you have with them on earth. If you love animals...or you are trying to understand someone who does.....READ THIS BOOK!
29 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marley & Me.