katarzyna's Reviews > Perfect Fifths

Perfect Fifths by Megan McCafferty

Mar 22, 14

Recommended for: anyone who's actually still into the Jessica/Marcus clusterfuck
Read in May, 2009, read count: one too many

I guess one way to end the Jessica Darling series with a bang is to make your readers never want to hear from her or Marcus (a.k.a. Edward Cullen on a yoga bender) ever again. It's laughable how many times McCafferty talks about how sexy and fuckable Marcus is in the span of only some 300 pages. I felt like she was channelling StephEnie Meyer in a major way, especially when I finally finished and flipped to the back cover flap to the author's pic -- surprise!! She looks like a description of Jessica Darling.

There was also some side plot with a girl who Jessica mentors that was in an accident that I think we were supposed to care about but it was so poorly developed that I can't imagine anyone actually did. Her name was something ridiculous like Sunny Daze. Oh, and I guess Bridget and Percy got married but the author didn't care so we didn't see it. Jess+Marcus 4eva y'all~ -- that is a SPOILER, by the way and actually the entire plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Perfect Fifths.