MsSmartiePants ...like the candy...'s Reviews > Rapt: Attention and the Focused Life

Rapt by Winifred Gallagher

2004056
Jun 03, 09

Read in June, 2009

Could be my mindset, but the thoughts "uh, gotta slog through that new book before I can get another one...." and "uhg, don't like the reader.....overly clever writing....must finish, have to finish..." kept coming to mind. Who says I must slog through and finish before moving on? Oh, that was only me!

After listening to 3.1 (out of 7 or 8) CD's, I happily returned this book and checked out another. Not that I didn't learn anything. Well I didn't. I might have eventually. But I did gain some reinforcement that how I focus and attend to my life is normal and also, dare I say it, efficient! Yay! Since FUN has always been an important ingredient in my enjoyment of whatever I'm doing, I am happy to report that I officially have researched (by Phd.'s!) evidence that creating games out of mundane or not-so-mundane tasks is a very efficient way to accomplish all projects! Plus other stuff....

Before I read the book, I wrote:
The subject of the latest research on focus and attention and how we manage these skills and the impact on our lives grabbed me right away. I am interested in critical thinking, discernment and understanding human behavior to increase satisfaction with my friends and family. Here we go!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rapt.