Jim's Reviews > The Master of White Storm

The Master of White Storm by Janny Wurts

Jun 05, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, 1paper
Read in June, 2009

This was a good, stand alone fantasy novel. The hero is complex & very tough. The descriptions of horses & especially sailing scenes are especially well done. The author's obvious familiarity with these two subjects shines through.

The story line is excellent. While not indicated by sections, there are distinct parts to the hero's life, each one building to a climax & logically leading to the next. The suspense never ends in a world that is complex & dangerous.

The cover art was excellent & done by the author. A very talented lady. You can see it on her web site:

I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Master of White Storm.

06/01/2009 page 175
42.37% "Really engaging. I need more time to read!!! I hate putting this down."
06/03/2009 page 300
72.64% "Past the first, minor climax & now into the second part of the book. Can't wait to see what waits there. Should be a doozie."
06/04/2009 page 375
90.8% "Not much more to go. I almost stayed up late to finish it, but too tired. Looking forward to lunch today."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Jeffrey Another Wurtz, going through her canon?. I thought this was a good standalone.

message 2: by Jim (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jim Yeah, I'm getting through her books. I don't know why I ever read them before, considering how much I liked the Empire trilogy. Weird.

I finished this & will do a review later today.