Nely's Reviews > Evermore

Evermore by Alyson Noel

Aug 17, 09

bookshelves: autographed, own
Read in August, 2009

After the accident that left her orphaned, 16 year old Ever has not only survived this traumatic ordeal but can now see people’s auras, hear people’s thoughts and keeps getting visited by the ghost of her younger sister Riley.

Ever is now residing with her aunt in California - she lives in this spectacular house overlooking the ocean, goes to a new school, has made some new friends (although they are recluses like her) and is trying to make the best out of her situation. Her only problem - the world around her is just too much for her to handle. She has to live with her iPod on at all times (playing loud rock music) and uses a hoody to try to have some type of quiet. But even that doesn’t help - she is seen as a weirdo by her classmates (the opposite of the life she was living before the accident). That is until the day that new student Damen Auguste sits next to her in class. She is intrigued yet at the same time terrified of him. Damon’s touch not only calms the psychic chaos going on in her head but his touch gives her the shivers.

I really liked this. Although it was an easy read - I found it well worth the time. Ever was a very unique character and I really enjoyed reading about her and her special talents. And Damen [sighs:] needless, to say I was intrigued. It is a very cute romance with a supernatural twist. There were some funny parts as well as some very sweet moments. I thought that Riley was one of the funniest characters in the book. She was to die for (no pun intended). The mystery factor - of who or what Damen is had me going the whole time. I sat and read this in a couple of hours - then went out and bought Blue Moon. Yep, I enjoyed it that much.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Evermore.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) I'm glad you liked this one. It's in the you know where. :)