Sandie's Reviews > Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes

Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes by Dixie Cash

Sep 04, 12

Read from March 01 to 18, 2011, read count: 1

This was an enjoyable book....the last couple of chapters and the epilogue were my favorite part! I love the idea about Elvis Presley that was worked in!

As with each book prior...it moved slow for me. But they were good books, I laughed aloud and enjoyed them. I think I like Edwina and her outspoken attitude the most! I feel like her character has become much louder since the earlier books and Debbie Sue has become more low key.

The mystery while different and lasting the entire book didn't seem to be the big part of this story...the romance seemed to over-ride it. I actually at many points forgot that there was even a mystery in this book. It seemed to come up again towards the end and there was a rush to solve it all of a sudden. The answer was kind of a surprise but not entirely, it crossed my mind a time or two that the thief could be the person that it actually turned out to be. So there was some surprise in how it was solved but not a shock like it was in book four when the villian turned out to be a law enforcement man.

I did enjoy Sam and Avery, the romantic couple in this book. I especially enjoyed how the story of their relationship was continued in the epilogue so we were able to see where things went with them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Curing the Blues with a New Pair of Shoes.