Billy Maise's Reviews > Pandora's Star

Pandora's Star by Peter F. Hamilton

M 50x66
May 27, 09

Read in June, 2008

Have you ever read a book so life-changing that you don't know what to say about it? Well, this is that kind of book.

I got this book from the library a few days before by sixteenth birthday. Little did I know that it would blow my mind within the first 100 pages. And then, when I scooped all of the brain matter off the walls of my room and meticulously reconstructed my cranium, it blew my mind again. And again. And again.

There was a scene where the aliens capture a member of a human expedition crew and dissect her, and they try to remove this storage chip in her skull to retrieve vital data, but of course the aliens aren't familiar with human anatomy so they cut right into her jugular and blood is spraying everywhere and the aliens are freaking out and the other prisoner (an astronomer named Dudley Bose) is consumed by rage and starts screaming through the walls of his cell: "WE'LL HUNT YOU ANIMALS DOWN AND NUKE YOU AND KILL YOUR BABIES WHEN THEY GLOW IN THE DARK!"

It was insanely intense.
7 likes • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandora's Star.

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 1: by Missy (new)

Missy This is one of the best reviews I have ever read. The book......I haven't read the book. The review is phenomenal.