Katie's Reviews > Before I Fall

1928123
Mar 02, 10

bookshelves: own, favorite
Read from February 22 to 25, 2010

I have no words to describe Before I Fall. It's an absolutely stunning debut novel that I couldn't put down. I never wanted it to end and not that I have finished it, I can't stop thinking about it.

February 12 is a normal day for Sam Kingston, right up to the part where she dies. What's even weirder is that she wakes up the next day. Except it's not the next day, it's the same day and Sam gets to live it over. In fact, she gets to live it over seven times. Each day is exactly the same as the original except for what Sam does. Sam has the power to change everything about that day and maybe even save her own life.

Sam was not someone I liked to begin with. In fact, I couldn't stand her or her friends. They were all so mean and full of themselves. I almost gave up reading because I didn't like them but boy am I glad I stuck it out. I don't think the story would have had nearly as much impact if Sam was a good person to begin with. It just wouldn't have worked. I get that now but it did bug me in the beginning.

The story itself was amazing. It was so unique. It was really cool to see how changing one little thing can change the whole course of things. It's not something I have ever thought about in depth but I don't think I will be able to stop myself now. =]

Overall, Before I Fall is a beautiful debut novel that I will be buying a finished copy of. I also recommend that everyone do the same thing because it is one book you will want to read over and over again. I know my review didn't do it justice so you should read it and find out for yourself how great it is!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Fall.

Quotes Katie Liked

Lauren Oliver
“Maybe you can afford to wait. Maybe for you there's a tomorrow. Maybe for you there's one thousand tomorrows, or three thousand, or ten, so much time you can bathe in it, roll around it, let it slide like coins through you fingers. So much time you can waste it.
But for some of us there's only today. And the truth is, you never really know.”
Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall

Lauren Oliver
“So many things become beautiful when you really look.”
Lauren Oliver, Before I Fall