Ronda's Reviews > Turn Coat

Turn Coat by Jim Butcher

Jul 23, 09

bookshelves: paranormal_twist, supernatural, urban-fantasy, mystery
Read in July, 2009

What can I say? I love these books. Harry Dresden is a self-professed smart-aleck wizard with a tendency toward chivalrous acts, extreme loyalty, and an ability to pull together unlikely allies. He also tends to tick off some powerful individuals--some human, some not, and some who would be perfectly happy to see him dead--including some members of the White Council. In this installment, Harry opens his door to find Morgan, direly wounded, asking for help. He's been accused of murdering a fellow White Council member, and, as Harry is all too aware, White Council response to such crimes is swift and lethal. Will he help the Warden who made his early years a living nightmare? If he tries--and fails--not only will Morgan die, but Harry and Molly, his apprentice, may well forfeit their own lives.

One of my fave quotes: "The roar held all the fury of a mortally offended, maniacal ego and promised a death that could only be described with the assistance of an encyclopedia of torments, a thesaurus, and a copy of Gray's Anatomy."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Turn Coat.