Marti's Reviews > Family Tree

Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky

May 26, 2009

bookshelves: zzz-books-2009, pop-fiction
Read in May, 2009

Wow - I was surprised at the number of varied responses by other readers.

I found the book a fast read and I wanted to find out the ending. I did think that in some cases the characters did come off as pretty shallow, but I think when big revelations come in a family - you do end up with some pretty shallow responses - like not in my family!

I do think the explanations of which family had an inaccurate view of their family tree was a bit formulaic but again i wasn't ask upset about that as I thought I would be.

This is not the great American Novel - but I wasn't expecting it to be - This was however a great read that kept me interested enough to finish it and brought me comfort and thought about - yet again - the universal truth - how much do you really know about another person (dreams/feelings/thoughts and wants)

In her more recent book - While My Sister Sleeps - again the universal truth - how much do you know... The Wednesday Letter also has the same basic premise...

Would I recommend the book - yes - a great beach read. A great - it's a rainy day and I am reading book. A great - I just want to read about someone else's problems for a while. Yes
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Family Tree.

05/27/2009 page 365
100% "Does knowing that you have blood from another race change you and who you are?"