April's Reviews > Where Heaven Begins

Where Heaven Begins by Rosanne Bittner

Jun 12, 09

Read in June, 2009

I have been reading Christian fiction for about 15 years............I have NEVER read a Christian fiction book with four letter words! I was appalled - I will not read this author again, nor any Steeple Hill books - what are they thinking????
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where Heaven Begins.

Comments (showing 1-4)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Rosanne Bittner The whole point of my story was to show how Christ can come into the life of a rugged, sinful man who has suffered great tragedy that has made him the way he is - and how that man's life can be changed. If Christians can't accept four the letter words of a fallen man, how are they going to save him and bring him to God? You don't run from such things. My goal in inspirationals is to show how God loves the Godless and how we can reach those who need Him most. If we only associate with perfect Christians who never utter a bad word or think a bad thought (and no one like that exists because we are all human) then we are missing out on the purpose of Christ's teachings. Christ walked amid some of the worst sinners, but he did not turn away from them, nor should we. I can't write about "saving" someone if I write perfect people who don't need saving. I was "appalled" myself that this reviewer doesn't understand the real purpose of being Christian.

April Really? Sorry that you are 'appalled' by my review. I have read more Christian fiction than I can remember and see sinners represented without the details and four letter words. With the logic that you stated in your post, I would assume that some graphic sex would be okay, as long as it was an unsaved character represented? Reading a piece of fiction is not 'real life'. I don't want to read four letter words in my entertainment choices (because those are choices, not real life). I specifically (as do most of my friends) choose Christian fiction because it is 'clean' - this book, not so much.

message 2: by Jane (new) - added it

Jane Gruber Roseanne, I understood your point and totally get your perspective. When I read Reedross's review, I was anticipating a book full of trashy language, but I did not find that. I thought your characters were real and I enjoyed the innocence and ruggedness. I also enjoyed seeing a sinner come back to Christ--that is real life. Thanks for another great read!

message 1: by Jane (new) - added it