Pam's Reviews > Aurian

Aurian by Maggie Furey

Jul 05, 2009

bookshelves: fantasy, fiction
Read in July, 2009

I originally read this book a long time ago, before realising it was part of a series of books. It is the cover art of a book that usually draws me in enough to want to read it and the cover picture of the first Aurian book allured me all those years ago to pluck it off a shelf in Barnes & Noble and buy it. I liked the book then and ploughed through it.

My favourite part in the entire book is when Aurian finds the Golden Dragon who guards the Gem of the Staff of Earth. Dragons hold a special place in my heart and I love how the author describes this one, that his voice was quite literally akin to music and light shard fragments with a personality of immense pride and charisma.

Reading this the second time around, I found myself, curiously enough, thinking of Anvar as greatly alike to Frodo from the Lord of The Rings trilogy... Most notably, as portrayed by Elijah Wood. There were just some parts of the story where I saw Anvar just as dramatic and pain-wracked as the little Hobbit immortalised by Mr. Wood. If this series is ever adapted to film, I think he'd make an excellent Anvar.

In any case, this was and still is a wonderful book and I'm seriously contemplating on getting the rest of the series through Amazon.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Aurian.

06/16/2009 page 122
20.37% "An oldie but goodie that I've resunk my teeth into after God knows how long. I may just buy the rest of the books when I'm done with it."
show 3 hidden updates…