Kate's Reviews > Deadly Little Secret

Deadly Little Secret by Laurie Faria Stolarz

Jul 18, 09

bookshelves: 2009, age-ya, thriller, signed-copies, paranormal
Read in July, 2009

I actually liked this more than her other book, Project 17. The characters felt more developed, and the plot moved along at a quick pace.

Camelia has been interested in new guy Ben since he saved her from a car accident over the summer and he touched her stomach in a weird way. Unfortunately, there are rumors that Ben pushed his previous girlfriend off a cliff, and now Camelia is being stalked by someone. Still, Camelia is drawn to Ben, especially after he explained that he is psychometric, or can see the future by touching objects or people. He tells Camelia that she is in danger, but Camelia's isn't sure whether to trust him and tell him about her stalker, or if Ben IS her stalker, as her friends think.

Camelia's friends Kimmie and Wes are a fun diversion, and there are several suspicious characters to choose from aside from Ben: Matt, Camelia's ex-boyfriend; Spencer, Camelia's boss; and John, the hot guy who seems interested in her. I was left guessing until the end as to who the stalker was, and though I thought the climactic scene could have been written to have a little more punch, it was still very exciting.

I'm not sure what the next in this series, Deadly Little Lies will bring or if it will even have the same characters, but it's definitely one to watch for!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deadly Little Secret.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Stacy Hey! We are reading the same book!!

Kate That's crazy!! You know she is doing a signing at the Toadstool August 15? I'm going - you should come too!