Sayuri_x's Reviews > Picture Perfect

Picture Perfect by Bethany Brown

Jan 09, 11

bookshelves: 2009, contemp, m-m, 2011, jan-2011, re-read
Read in January, 2011

** spoiler alert ** I enjoyed this less than the first installment. While the sotryline was fine (if a bit overused in romance) it was far too sacchirin sweet for me this time round. Much more chicks with dicks. I liked the slower pace of the first one better.

Also the threesome with Patrick felt to me too gartuitous. Wedged in for nothing more than have three guys doing it. I didn't feel it brought anything to the story or helped charcter development for me.

I would have preffered to have seen some interaction in high school when the attraction first started for the main characters and a build up of tension. I felt we were told a lot of histriy rather than saw it..... Loved the sub-plot with the niece and the best friend. Would have also liked to have seen more about how the mother treated the daughter.

That said, technically it was a very well written book (apart from all the finger lacing they did) but it ultimately didn't work for me. However, I am waiting for the next installment as I do like this writing duo!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Picture Perfect.