Patrick Gibson's Reviews > The Nymphos of Rocky Flats

The Nymphos of Rocky Flats by Mario Acevedo

May 25, 09

bookshelves: humorous
Read in May, 2009, read count: 1

It has been a long time since I snaggled my tooth into a bloody vampire yarn. It’s time. Since I just acquired the Blu-ray of “Trueblood” and am about to engulf my visceral side in yet more vampire lore, I might as well match it with some reading material.

He’s Hispanic. An Iraq War veteran. A detective working around Denver. And a vampire.

As titillating as the title may be, it is really only the title that is the least but evocative. Vampires aside, this is a solid action/murder mystery. I read this mainly to start at the beginning. It seems his follow up novels are much better and it is those I am lusting after.

This one ain’t bad. There are nymphos galore (very PG-13), and did I mention VAMPIRES? The work is a satire (aren’t all vampire stories) and parts are wickedly funny. I am hoping this is a welcomed and refreshing beginning to a long love affair with Acevedo’s droll writing and acerbic characters.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nymphos of Rocky Flats.