Darcy's Reviews > Immortal in Death

Immortal in Death by J.D. Robb

May 25, 2009

bookshelves: 2009, 2012, audio-book, law-enforcement, futuristic, mystery, 2016, listened-to-at-work
Read in May, 2009

Re-reading this series is great fun. This book is am important one because Eve remembers what happened to her in her past. What I love about that is that she doesn't let it define her, what defines her is what she does now and her actions now. Roarke brings up a great point to her when she mentions that she doesn't have any family. He points out Mavis and others that are in her life and says there is her family, they just don't have a blood tie, she has picked them for herself. One of my favorite things in this book is the interaction between Eve and Dr. Mira. What is great about this is that this is often the only time that we see Eve squirm and is very uncomfortable. Another great scene is when Summerset wakes Eve up from her nightmare. He usually looks down at her with disdain, but here we see him start to see Eve at her core and soften a little towards her. And the bachelorette party at the end, don't you just want to be there with them. How much fun would that be!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Immortal in Death.

08/26/2016 marked as: read