Sharon Ader's Reviews > True Colors

bookshelves: fiction
Recommended to Sharon by: Book club
Recommended for: no
Read in May, 2009

This was a book selected by my book club. And as with many of those selections, I didn't like it. Part I seemed like so many other books that I used to read when I was much younger. It took me a long time to read because I just didn't care about the characters. Part II was much better and it held my interest. I wouldn't recommend it because there are just too many good books to read, why waste time. I almost stopped this book several times, but continued reading because I thought I might attend book club. As it turns out, I had a conflict and didn't make it.

Here is what one of the women in my book club wrote to me:

Hi Sharon,
You really missed a great discussion on the book. Everyone loved it and agreed that it
covered most life issues--like prejudice, family dynamics such as sibling rivalry, family
acceptance of spouses who marry into the family, small town gossip, raising teens,
relationships between spouses, etc. Jill asked a pointed question about how our spouses
were accepted by our families when we married, which opened up a lot of discussion; we
discussed, the trial and the issues the oldest sister faced in her choices not to take
the case at the beginning, but later opening the case up.

The discussion was quite lively and on task with very little deviation from the book
topic. I wish you had been there.

Although I agree with this person, the book contained all of those aspects, I still felt it was not worthy of my time.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read True Colors.