Steph's Reviews > Poison Study

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Nov 08, 10

bookshelves: recommended-2-me, audiobook-listened-to, year-read-2010, series-ended, author-웃, young-or-new-adult, series-book1
Recommended to Steph by: FlibBityFLooB
Read on November 08, 2010

Poison Study is the unique beginning to the Study series. We are sucked into Yelena's dystopian world and left wanting more in the end. She is a strong heroine, one you instantly like. After being charged with murder, she's offered a choice of dying by hanging or becoming the food taster for the Commander. Valek, Security Chief, is in charge of training her. Only, Yelena's training can be deadly, as she's to learn how to detect any and all poisons within the Commander's food.

The story was full of mystery and intrigue. Taking us so deep into Yelena's world, her work and her friendships that you find yourself right there with her.

I was bullied (ha! J/K) into starting this series and I'm happy I did. I will most definitely read the remaining books of the trilogy: Magic Study and Fire Study. I look forward to continuing this series and moving onto the spin-off series Glass. Ms. Snyder has created a wonderfully elaborate world I'll enjoy revisiting.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Poison Study.

11/07/2010 "Listening to audiobook started 11/8/10"
11/08/2010 page 361
100.0% "Very original and a great story. Looking forward to the rest of the series. Thanks for all the polite pushes, SOSers. :)" 2 comments

FlibBityFLooB You must read this book soon, Steph. I really think you will like it!!! :) Just finished it myself and wrote a review.

Steph Off to pop over and check out your review :)

Steph Sounds cool! And you know those are two of my favorite series (you compared it to), also thanks to your recommendations. So, I will push it up on my list. Might make a good plane read when I travel to the states in Sept. I'll make a note to throw in my carry-on. :)

Thanks for thinking of me, Flib. I'll be sure to share my review/thoughts after I've read it.

Steph FlibBityFLooB wrote: "You must read this book soon, Steph. I really think you will like it!!! :) Just finished it myself and wrote a review."

Thanks for the rec, Flib! I enjoyed it. I listened to the audiobook all day. :)