Brian's Reviews > Molloy, Malone Dies, The Unnamable

Molloy, Malone Dies, The Unnamable by Samuel Beckett
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Molloy, Malone Dies, The Unnamable.

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben Loory hey, that's what i'm reading next! if i ever have time to read again.

message 2: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian i just read the first couple of pages during breakfast and now remember why i like beckett so much. i fear i may end up a beckett character in my old age... what joy.

message 3: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris Kipling This is one of those I dug out of my parents' attic back in the States (along with tons others, such spectacular stuff! and even a healthy helping of leftbehinds). So... I read the first ten pages over lunch or something and it quickly became apparent that this isn't something you read over a sandwich. I have to clean a real slate for those long unwinding dreary sentences and no paragraph breaks. Let me know how it goes... Everyone loves these, but currently it looks like a chore. By the way, liked Terra Amata quite a bit, more than The Book of Flights. Oh, and you should read The Colossus of Maroussi, even if you don't read any of them other books I left yas.

message 4: by Brian (new) - added it

Brian I'm going through the Beckett slowly. It does require a bit of concentration that can't be found at any coffee shop or hawker stand. I've debated reading something lighter to go with it but my reading has declined. Trying to focus on getting a little writing done, started walking again, and work is a bitch. Still, I carry the Beckett with me everywhere I go. I have enjoyed what I've read so far. And I will crack open the Colossus of Maroussi soon. Promise.

(Had to go back to Vietnam last week. Looks like I'll be hopping up there pretty regularly. Sorry, but that place really do suck... at least Hellnoi does).

message 5: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris Kipling Get out of Hellnoi sometime. I agree, that place is a shithole. Too bad yr not a movie connoisseur though, cos for knockoff Chinese DVDs of cinema greats, that place is hell to beat.