Synesthesia's Reviews > On Becoming Baby Wise: Giving Your Infant the Gift of Nighttime Sleep

On Becoming Baby Wise by Gary Ezzo

May 24, 09

bookshelves: i-hate-this-book
Recommended for: No One!

You've got to realize babies aren't dogs. They don't know what a marriage is. They aren't trying to torment you when they wake up in the middle of the night.

Needless to say, when I have kids, there's no way I'm taking this guys advice! The first thing babies need is their parents, to be fed when they are hungry, to be held when they need to be held. I just don't see the logic of schedules.
Ok, so I don't have kids, and I'm free to sleep as late as I want to when I don't have a job. I can hear a Greek chorus crying out, "You don't know what it's like!"
But mostly, it's the babies I empathize for. I feel bad thinking about them crying for the attention they need and being ignored because someone like Ezzo say it's the Christian way to raise children.
I say it's more Christian to follow your instincts and listen to someone who actually knows about babies (and whose children like him) like Sears.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read On Becoming Baby Wise.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Traveller (new)

Traveller Bravo, I fully agree with your sentiments.

I had my two babies sleep with us in the beginning and it worked out fine. I loved having them close and I didn't mind getting up at night. You only need to do it for a few months of your life, after all. (Unless you have tons of babies, I guess).