Synesthesia's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling

Jun 21, 14

bookshelves: i-love-this-book
Read in June, 2012 — I own a copy

So I reread this book once again and decided that I still love it.
I adore this book. It's probably one of my favourite in the series.
It's funny in parts, full of action and when it gets to the climax.
The climax of the book is enough to blow folks' head off.
Yes, it's a long heavy book, but I don't care. I like that about it.

More later.

Read this again last month 8/2011

This is the book that makes you realize it's ON. Don't let the happy cover fool you, for these covers are way too ridiculously happy considering what Harry goes through in this book.
It's bad enough he's forced into the Triwizard tournament against his will. And what kind of people allow CHILDREN to participate in something so dangerous? The wizarding world is sick, and this is the book that makes you understand this.
He survives one event after the other, not knowing what's really in store for him. Not knowing that this is the book that starts the battle Harry has been preparing for his whole life.

Also, the movie of this book is the WORSE. It's terrible! I know it's hard to condense a book this thick, rich and creamy into a movie, but it's like they took an orange, scooped out the pulp, put water in the skin and high fructose corn syrup and ruddy fake orange flavor and stuck a straw in it! They cut all of the strongest, best scenes and added stupid tacked on scenes that did nothing for the story! Avoid the movie. Read the dang book! It does not take that much effort to read a book with hundreds of pages and it's so enjoyable, funny, poignant and just plan good!

2013

I read it again, now the only problem I have with this book was A. When Harry is in the pond, can anyone see anything? Are they just sitting there watching boring water? B. Can they see what is going on in the maze? Didn't they see Harry and Cedric disappear?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

Quotes Synesthesia Liked

J.K. Rowling
“Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory.”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how
“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

J.K. Rowling
“It is my belief... that the truth is generally preferable to lies.”

J.K. Rowling
“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.”

J.K. Rowling
“It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be.”

05/31 marked as: currently-reading
05/31 "Hermione means well with SPEW but if you're going to advocate for people LISTEN to what they want. ASK them what they need. And shut up and listen to them too. That's the mistake groups like autism speaks makes. They don't listen to autistic people. Or if you have a gay rights group that doesn't listen to gay people. Or when people don't listen to trans people. LISTEN. LEARN. I like the subtlety of this."
05/31 "Is it just me or is it warped to put children through this tournament?" 3 comments
06/05 page 385
52.0% "House elves kind of piss me off. I want them to have more backbone!"
06/06 page 411
55.0% "Ugh. Proms and balls are so heteronormative."
06/07 page 419
57.0% "The Weird Sisters seems like a band I'd listen to."
06/21 marked as: read

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Choco I didn't like the movie either. The maze part was just... WTF.
The graveyard scene... didn't even look like a graveyard.

Synesthesia no, the only good part besides everyone's hair looking cool was when the Angel came to life and trapped Harry.
Other than that, it really was not that well done! And the MAZE! AUGH!

Choco Ahaha, I agree.