Renée's Reviews > Vampire Academy

Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Dec 05, 09

bookshelves: favourites, books-i-own, young-adult

I was first introduced to this series when a young woman saw me hopelessly scouring the Barnes & Noble Teen section, desperate to satisfy my vampire fix, and recommended the series to me. (I went through a post-Twilight period where I basically bought random YA vampire books hoping they would scratch my new-found paranormal itch... I look back on this time with mild embarrassment.) I was sceptical because the title seemed a little "obvious" to me, and frankly the cover art didn't appeal to me at all. Finally, after I had exhausted various other mediocre options I bought it on a whim and found my now favourite YA paranormal series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Vampire Academy.

Comments (showing 1-20)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Vera_Awesome you go girl if search youll find the best!

message 19: by Theresa (new) - added it

Theresa McClinton I heard the same thing from a few friends of mine too. I read twilight, then the blue blood series (which is another YA great series u can read) and then the mortal instruments since I wanted to change it up a bit. the mortal instruments has BY FAR been my favorite book series I've read yet!!! then I read the first two tigers curse books (third one coming out in November, 5 in total planned), and I am absolutely heart broken for the characters in this series. I've never read a YA book that made me cry before, but this one for sure did. I can't believe he said he isn't crazy about peaches and cream ice cream!!!! (if u read the books u will get it ;). but this vamp series sounds way better then it looks. tight now I think I need to get over this heart throb I have for ren and kishan in tigers quest, its kind of haunting me, so maybe starting this new series will do me some good! :)

Renée Theresa wrote: "I heard the same thing from a few friends of mine too. I read twilight, then the blue blood series (which is another YA great series u can read) and then the mortal instruments since I wanted to ch..."

This series is so amazing. I'm also a big fan of The Mortal Instruments series and I'm currently reading Tiger's Quest -- I love Ren so much -- so it sounds like we have similar taste. Trust me, Vampire Academy is up there among my favourite series!! I'm nervous to finish Tiger's Quest... I'm waiting until closer to November so that I can read the 3rd one as soon as I'm done with it.

Vera_Awesome heheeeee hey thersa i denfineatly tthink you should read the vampire academy series its so awesome!!!!!! oh and renee im starting tiger's quest how is it is it worth it?? :D

Renée Vera wrote: "heheeeee hey thersa i denfineatly tthink you should read the vampire academy series its so awesome!!!!!! oh and renee im starting tiger's quest how is it is it worth it?? :D"

Yes, yes, yes! A lot of it takes place in India, so it's not the typical paranormal romance. There's much more history and culture woven in which is great. Hope you enjoy!

message 15: by Theresa (new) - added it

Theresa McClinton vera!!! yyyeessss its worth ever second u read it! you won't be able to put it down and you will cry several times (at least i did) through the books. i am so engulfed in the story line, i feel connected to the characters. kishan, ren, mr kadam...they are all so wonderful. u will LOVE them!

Ashton i think most people should read it they are amizeing

Ashton i think most people should read it they are amizeing

message 12: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen yeh, i love this series- its my fav:)

Renée I love them. I haven't started her spin-off series Bloodlines yet, but I've heard many people say they're just as good!

message 10: by Neha (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neha if you want a grown up version on vampire stories you HAVE to start reading the black dagger brotherhood. it will NOT disappoint..it takes a while to get into the first book but you will love it by the end

Renée Neha wrote: "if you want a grown up version on vampire stories you HAVE to start reading the black dagger brotherhood. it will NOT disappoint..it takes a while to get into the first book but you will love it by..."

Thanks! You know, I tried the first one and had a difficult time getting into it. I've since read (and loved) The Night Huntress novels and some others, so I might give the brotherhood another try at some point in the future.

Neha Renée wrote: "Neha wrote: "if you want a grown up version on vampire stories you HAVE to start reading the black dagger brotherhood. it will NOT disappoint..it takes a while to get into the first book but you wi..."

Oh I had the same problem but if you finish the first book I'll guarantee that you'll be hooked. At first the book just confuses you and you don't really know whats happening but try and finish it.

Renée Neha wrote: "Renée wrote: "Neha wrote: "if you want a grown up version on vampire stories you HAVE to start reading the black dagger brotherhood. it will NOT disappoint..it takes a while to get into the first b..."

That's good to know!

Anni would you leave a comment about the book on my blog?

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Renee, I am totally relate to you. After I finished Twillight, I was at a loss for something to enjoy as much as that. I haven't read the Vampire Academy series so I will have to check that out. I have read the Night World Series and loved it as well as the Night Huntress Series. However, Night Huntress is definitely for adults. It is sooooo good tho!

Renée Tracy wrote: "Renee, I am totally relate to you. After I finished Twillight, I was at a loss for something to enjoy as much as that. I haven't read the Vampire Academy series so I will have to check that out. ..." I love Jeaniene Frost, too.

Kaela Black dagger brotherhood books are my most addictive series yet you will love it. Starting Vamp academy now fingers crossed x

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy I found an author that I now love most. Lyndsay Sands. She is so awesome. She writes the argeneau vampire romance series.

Michael Did you see the movie yet? The movie really needs fans to pull through because as of now its a flop. So please support the movie :)