Christy Stewart's Reviews > The Way It Happens In Novels

The Way It Happens In Novels by Kathleen O'Connor

Nov 15, 09

bookshelves: romance, fiction, chick-lit, bbw, contemporary, disabled, insane, female-authors, reviewed
Read in November, 2009

The author's goal was to approach a romance in a realistic way, and most of the time I felt that she achieved that. I don't know much about stroke patients but I got the feeling O'Connor didn't either. Aside from that, the tackled uncomfortable details with great honesty that left me really rooting for a happy ending. Although the end wasn't exactly that it didn't leave me disappointed either.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way It Happens In Novels.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) This was a fluke read for me, and I loved it. Definitely a keeper for me. I actually acquired my sister's copy. She didn't mind though. :)

Christy Stewart I didn't know what to expect from it or even what it was, I just read someone say it was good once and found it for dirt cheap. I was suprised at how good it actually was but was scared it was going to end badly (I hate unhappy endings!)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) Me too. I would have disliked it had the ending not been optimistic.