Christy Stewart's Reviews > The Way It Happens In Novels

The Way It Happens In Novels by Kathleen O'Connor

Nov 15, 09

bookshelves: romance, fiction, chick-lit, bbw, contemporary, disabled, insane, female-authors, reviewed
Read in November, 2009

The author's goal was to approach a romance in a realistic way, and most of the time I felt that she achieved that. I don't know much about stroke patients but I got the feeling O'Connor didn't either. Aside from that, the tackled uncomfortable details with great honesty that left me really rooting for a happy ending. Although the end wasn't exactly that it didn't leave me disappointed either.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Way It Happens In Novels.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) This was a fluke read for me, and I loved it. Definitely a keeper for me. I actually acquired my sister's copy. She didn't mind though. :)

Christy Stewart I didn't know what to expect from it or even what it was, I just read someone say it was good once and found it for dirt cheap. I was suprised at how good it actually was but was scared it was going to end badly (I hate unhappy endings!)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) Me too. I would have disliked it had the ending not been optimistic.