Patti's Reviews > Marked

Marked by P.C. Cast

Dec 12, 09

bookshelves: fantasy, read-in-2009, young-adult-reads, patti-s-favorites-of-2009, reread
Recommended for: Any fan of vampire fiction
Read in December, 2009, read count: 2

This is at least the third vampire book I've read, and so far, the only series I'm thinking about continuing reading.

Zoey is a smart 16 year old high school student, merely in between classes on her way to her locker when she is Marked--marked to become a vampyre that is. Her classmates back away from her, her parents reject her, but her grandmother totally supports this difficult time and change. Zoey's grandmother is a Cherokee, and has special gifts of her own; she is not surprised that Zoey has been Marked.

Being Marked means that Zoey must immerse herself in the vampyre life--she immediately is moved to the House of Night, a boarding school for vampyres. She confronts the school bully, rejects her old friends, finds wonderful new ones, and discovers that she has a strong destiny in the vampyre world.

I really enjoyed this book, and all that Zoey learns. Most of all, she listens to herself and learns to trust herself--qualities that are good whether you're a vampyre or not.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Marked.