Heika's Reviews > Walden with Ralph Waldo Emerson's Essay on Thoreau

Walden with Ralph Waldo Emerson's Essay on Thoreau by Ralph Waldo Emerson

Jan 24, 2010

it was ok
Read in January, 2010

Alright, I realize that by giving this book an awful review I am hereby declaring to the world that I am of lesser intelligence than those who proclaim this book to be one of the most incredible ever written; but: bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla. This was one of the most brain numbing, condescending, self righteous books I have ever read. Good grief, the man actually comes right out and says that he has never talked to anyone who said anything that was of any real value to him. I understand and agree with the general theme and points of this book. I too would love to live a simple life in the woods, free from technology and the stress of life, but I could certainly do it without insulting the rest of the world.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Walden with Ralph Waldo Emerson's Essay on Thoreau.

message 1: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Mike really enjoyed this.

message 2: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Hahaha, that was one of the funniest reviews I've ever read! Thanks for the laugh, I almost want to read it just so I can laugh about it :0)

message 3: by Trish (new)

Trish Your review was bold and honest. Loved it! Maybe I'll read the book someday.