Kathy (Bermudaonion)'s Reviews > Priceless Memories

Priceless Memories by Bob Barker

Jul 10, 09

Read in July, 2009

I would give this book 2 and a half stars if this site permitted that.

I listened to the audio version of Priceless Memories by Bob Barker. It’s billed as a memoir, but it was really just a bunch of rambling memories. Bob Barker does the narrating and, at first, this worked well on the audio because it was like listening to an old relative reminisce, but I’m not sure it would fare so well in the print version. He tells of his childhood, his time in the Navy, his marriage to Dorothy Jo and of his experiences on both Truth or Consequences and The Price is Right. He doesn’t have an unkind word for anyone and his love for his mother and his late wife are very apparent. There really isn’t any new information in this book and Bob Barker clearly avoids touching upon any scandalous topics.

I enjoyed the beginning of this audio book, but by the end of it, I felt like I was being preached to. I would estimate that 20 percent of the book covers Barker’s stand on animal rights – his reasons for them and his activism in animal rights organizations. Don’t get me wrong – I’m all for animal rights, I just don’t think it’s necessary to know about every parade he’s marched in and what organizations he chooses to donate money to. I’ve always liked Bob Barker, but I’ve never been what you would call a fan – I think his fans would enjoy this one more than I did.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Priceless Memories.