Aileen's Reviews > The Chosen One

The Chosen One by Carol Lynch Williams

2206485
May 22, 2009

Read in May, 2009

This book was so good. I could not put it down and though I was horrified by some of the events, it was so good. This book may not have connected with any personal experiences, I could still feel as though I was in Kyra's shoes the entire time. It may have been her love of books, or her secret romances with a forrbiden boy, you felt as though you were right there next to her. Carol Lynch Williams more then outdoes herself with this story. Whenever something happened, good or bad, I felt so strongly for Kyra. When I read jsut the first page, I knew I was hooked and wouldn't let go. Then to think that this sort of thing actually happens was just too much, I loved not jsut the picture the author painted for her readers but also how she potrayed some as good, some as bad, and some as just unable to do anything, the way things truly are. You felt something other then pity for Kyra, you felt this need to help her, to get her out though it was fiction, you couldn't help but feel the need to get her out of her cursed life in anyway it seemed. This book is not only one I would recommend, but also one I would read over and over it was just that moving.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Chosen One.