Elpida's Reviews > Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas

Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson

U_50x66
Sep 05, 07

I read this one on a plane and at some point the stewardess came up to my row and gave me tissues. If a book is written well or talks about a touchy subject, I can be a tad emotional. This book did it for me.

Im used to Pattersons murder mystery novels so this was a definite change from the norm. I would say I probably prefer the murder mysteries over the sappy stories but he did a pretty good job with this one.

**************************************
Amazon.com
James Patterson, author of such bestsellers-turned-blockbuster-movies as Along Came a Spider and Kiss the Girls, exposes his sensitive side in his new novel, Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas. Katie Wilkinson's boyfriend Matt dumps her; not a total cad, he leaves her a gift, a diary kept by Suzanne, his first wife, for their son Nicholas. Though it's not exactly the diamond ring Katie was hoping for, she's unable to make herself destroy the diary--against her better judgment, Katie begins to read.

Drawn against her will into the other woman's world, Katie learns of physician Suzanne's heart attack at age 35 and her decision to slow down, accomplished by a move to Martha's Vineyard and a new job as a simple country doctor. When love comes knocking, in the form of housepainter-cum-poet Matt Harrison, Suzanne is ready to listen to her newly repaired heart. Though painful for Katie, she begins to know and like Suzanne and her infant son Nicholas. Suzanne's devotion to Matt and their son shines through, as well as her plainspoken wisdom. While the journal helps Katie understand Matt, whether they can write a future together remains in question.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Dottie Handel This was a good book - different than his mystery books, but a good read.

Neha same thing happened to me. i was travelling wen i read this book and soon i was in urgent need of tissues.