Ana's Reviews > The Last of the Mohicans

The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper

2033632
Apr 13, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: historical-fiction, 2010, classics, peter-boxall-s-1001-books-you-must
Read in April, 2010

This book was long. It was also quite racist, but that was to be expected from the time period. Of course, all natives were savages, and the English were wonderful people.

This book took awhile to read for a couple of reasons. One, I read it on my iPod, which is only used for reading when I'm out and about, or in a meeting that I have nothing to contribute and can't understand most of anyway. The other is that quite a bit of the book is just plain boring. The last bit is good, the beginning isn't bad, but for quite some time in the center, nothing much happens. I read it because it came with the reading program on my iPod and because it's one of those classics that "should" be read.

Very different from the movie in many, many ways. Some aspects of the book are better, some of the movie are, but I don't consider either to be great masterpieces.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last of the Mohicans.

10/30/2009 page 288
03/30/2010 page 400
97.56% "The book is quite different than the movie; it's long and drawn-out, not a quick read. I'm reading it on my iPod only when out and about."