Shawna's Reviews > Shades of Midnight

Shades of Midnight by Lara Adrian

5 stars – Vampire Romance

In this latest installment of the Midnight Breed series, a killer is leaving a violent, bloodthirsty trail of carnage through the Alaskan wilderness and it’s up to one of the Breed Order’s newest recruits, the volatile vampire warrior Kade, and a local bush pilot, Alexandra Maguire, to uncover the truth behind the brutal slayings and stop an ancient evil before it’s too late.

Kade, with his spiky raven, jet black hair, golden skin, penetrating, hypnotic, silver eyes, erotic, otherworldly dermaglyph tattoos of variegated hues across his arms, shoulders, torso, and thighs, and wildly passionate, intensely caring, and fiercely protective nature, is one of my favorite warriors of the series so far. Although the relationship between Kade and Alex was somewhat swiftly developed, their bond of friendship and sensual romance was convincing (and hot!), and I found it refreshing that Alex was open-minded once Kade revealed the truth, even though she had genuine reason to be afraid based on horrific events in her past.

With a harshly beautiful, wild Alaskan setting, a sexy, strong warrior hero, a likable, brave heroine, steamy romance, intense action and adventure, scary monster villains, and a loyal wolf dog named Luna helping to save the day, it’s another thrilling addition to the awesome Midnight Breed series. I’m looking forward to Brock’s story in Taken by Midnight, coming out in Sept’2010!

18 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Midnight.

01/29/2010 page 1
0.26% 1 comment
01/30/2010 page 226
59.01% "I want Kade all for myself!" 4 comments

Rossy Great review, Shawna!

message 2: by Rane (new)

Rane Wonderful Review Shawna!

MelissaB Nice review, I enjoyed it too!

Shawna Thanks, ladies! :)

MelissaB I think she might! Hopefully we will find out what the Ancient did to her. I think he somehow changed her to a Breedmate which is probably how they were made in the first place.

Rossy Shawna wrote: "Thanks, ladies! :)

I wonder if Jenna is going to be the heroine/love interest for Brock in Taken by Midnight?"

Beanbag Love Great review! I'm glad you liked it. I wasn't expecting much since I hadn't really found Kade or Brock all that compelling since their introduction, but I fell so head-over-heels for both of them in this. I can't wait for Brock's story now!

Shawna MelissaB wrote: "I think she might! Hopefully we will find out what the Ancient did to her. I think he somehow changed her to a Breedmate which is probably how they were made in the first place."

Ooh, I hadn't thought of that! Brock's protective and possessive way with her made it seem like she might be the obvious choice for his romantic interest, but I wondered how that could be since they said she isn't a Breedmate. But if you're right and whatever the Ancient did to her changed things?! Hmmm...interesting...now I can't wait to find out! :)

Shawna Rossy wrote: "That's what i think. He was too posessive of her for it not to end up that way. Besides it would be the perfect continuation for us to find out more about what the elder did to her."

Sounds like we all got the same feeling that Jenna will be Brock's mate. I'm looking forward to finding out what happens!

Shawna Beanbag wrote: "Great review! I'm glad you liked it. I wasn't expecting much since I hadn't really found Kade or Brock all that compelling since their introduction, but I fell so head-over-heels for both of them..."

Thanks, Bean! Yep, I'm anxious for Brock's story, too! :)

Celeste Great review! For some reason, I totally missed that this book had even come out!!! How this happened, I do not know, I am a HUGE Midnight Breed fan.

I'm so excited to see how much you liked it. Am going to start it tonight! :)

Shawna Thanks, Celeste! It's a great addition to the series and Kade is so yummmmy! I can't wait for Brock's story that's slated for release (tentative) in September...so mark your calendar for that! :)

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) great review, Shawna!

Shawna Thanks, Annie!