Valerie's Reviews > My Fair Godmother

My Fair Godmother by Janette Rallison

Sep 19, 2009

bookshelves: retellings, fantasy
Read in May, 2009

My Fair Godmother is very entertaining. It is definitly interesting; especially how the author portrays the princes and princesses and how they might actually have been-personality wise.

In the beginning I couldn't completely sympathize with either of the sisters. Jane stole Savannah's boyfriend but Savannah seems to be way too superficial. However, I did feel a bit more simpathetic towards Savannah because she is the one who got dumped. But what a better way to get over your ex then to be magically transported to the middle ages as Cinderella, then Snow White, and finally to save a guy. It would keep you occupied for sure. In the end I was happy for both Jane and Savannah.

The best part of this book is how funny it is. Not just smile funny, I mean laugh out loud funny. There is a message to the book but its mostly just for entertainment. Read it if you want a good laugh.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fair Godmother.

Quotes Valerie Liked

Janette Rallison
“Courage is a fickle creature. Just as you need it, it often makes excuses and rushes out of the room.”
Janette Rallison, My Fair Godmother

Cara Your review made me laugh Val :) I'm sure a trip to the Grimm fairy tales would help me get over getting dumped too.