Jennybug's Reviews > Hattie Big Sky

Hattie Big Sky by Kirby Larson

May 31, 09

bookshelves: books-read-in-2009
Read in May, 2009

** spoiler alert ** This book was really good and then the ending was really frustrating. In fact I was so annoyed with the ending, that I thought I didn't like the book. Then after thinking about it for a few days. I decided that I liked the book even better because of the ending. I am sure a lot of you are not really following me right now. It is just that because this book didn't have a happily ever after ending, it stayed with me a lot longer, and I found myself thinking about the characters and their relationships.

**Quotes**

"That night my prayers were full of thanks. But Lord, if you could help me not learn every lesson the hard way. I'd sure appreciate it." (Pg 48)

"I thought about all the fences that get built in this world. The ones that divide folks and tear them up, like the actions of the Kaiser and his henchmen, and the ones that bring folks together, like this stretch of fence Karl Mueller had built for me." (Pg 80)

"Mana did fall out of the sky, at least from writing about living beneath it. In the form of cold hard cash... Thank you Lord for your mysterious ways!" (Pg 121)

"the lessons this life has planted in my heart pertain more to caring than to crops, more to the Golden Rule than to gold, and more to proper choice than to popular choice." (Pg 162)

My mind filled up like a pretty girls dance card. (Pg 210)

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hattie Big Sky.