Sara's Reviews > Greetings from Somewhere Else

Sep 11, 09

bookshelves: 2009, adult-fiction, chick-lit
Recommended to Sara by: Goodreads
Read in September, 2009

4.5 stars. What a wonderful book!! I liked this even more than its predecessor, Upside Down, Inside Out. This one focuses on Lainey, a successful events planner in Australia who's suddenly called back to her home country of Ireland after her aunt dies to run the aunt's bed and breakfast.

First of all, the scenery sounds beautiful. Reading this made me want to travel to Ireland and see all the sights for myself! I felt completely immersed in the setting and fell in love with the area the way Lainey did. She was a very likable character, full of flaws but trying to succeed despite them. I loved how she grew throughout the book, being forced to change her life because of the circumstances she was thrown and then all the realizations she came to. The relationships between Lainey and her family, as well as Lainey and her friends, were portrayed excellently. Without overtly explaining the dynamics between them, the author definitely makes the reader empathize with all the situations. And finally, the love story (stories?) was great. It didn't feel completely forced, and I enjoyed how all the characters acted like real people instead of ridiculous caricatures.

Definitely a very sweet book and one that I'd recommend to others. It's light reading but oh so good!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Greetings from Somewhere Else.