Jeremy Kohlman's Reviews > Brute Orbits

Brute Orbits by George Zebrowski

2078792
Jul 25, 09

bookshelves: easton-press-owned, own, autographed, scifi
Read in July, 2009

An excellent and interesting foray into crime and punishment. Thoroughly enjoyed the philosophizing and speculating. The story and characters were highly interesting as well. Although I must say, the lack of a single character spanning the entire book may make it unappealing to some readers. It may give the feeling of a lack of continuity. That said, I personally don't feel that it overly detracted from the books impact and importance.

If you are one who finds any facination in the study of crime and punishment, then this is a definite must read.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Brute Orbits.

Quotes Jeremy Liked

“All attempts at law, all religion, all ethical norms might be nothing more than attempts by the weak to restrain the strong. Then, within the law, arise the new strong, who subvert the law for their own ends of power and family interest, leaving the old strong outside their circle to pursue the waiting possibilities which they call crime. The weak, the cowardly, the decent ones, live between these groups.”
George Zebrowski, Brute Orbits

07/17/2009 page 23
show 7 hidden updates…

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Excellent review! This subject is not my cuppa (okay, we know what I like *LOL). But your review was awesome, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Look forward to more from you! ;)

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)

Jeremy Kohlman Hey thanks! I also reviewed The Gods Themselves, by Asimov. Probably also not your cuppa, but you seemed to enjoy the other review! lol

I wish I'd reviewed more titles right after having read them, but I plan on doing it for everything from now on. Thanks for the feed back!

message 3: by Laura (last edited Jul 30, 2009 04:37PM) (new)

Laura You're welcome! Know what I do? Instead of a bookmark I use a bunch of index cards (like 5 or so) to mark my place when I'm reading a book. Then when I finish it I scribble a quick review on those cards and put it next to my computer. That way if it takes me a few days to get the time to post the review at GR, I won't have forgotten what I thought about the book. Makes my crazy-busy life easier. LOL

Look forward to more of your reviews!

xoxo
Laura Stamps
Author of Erotica and Paranormal Romance Novels
http://www.LauraStamps.blogspot.com (excerpts from all of my novels)
http://laura-stamps8.livejournal.com (my naughty Author Blog/updated daily)