Lance Gideon's Reviews > The Last Season

The Last Season by Eric Blehm

May 21, 09

Read in April, 2009

If you enjoyed Into the Wild, you'll love this book! If you haven't read Into the Wild, you'll still love this book! Eric Blehm has done a fantastic job with his research, and has the reader almost convinced by the end that they actually knew Randy Morgenson. My only complaint would be that I found myself wanting to skip some of the more intimate details of his marriage and family life, so that I might make it to the end sooner, and learn of Randy's fate. In the end, the intimate details give the reader a much clearer picture of the man, Randy Morgenson, and I would agree with the author that those details are worth the reader's time. But some may find these portions of the book a bit long-winded, though they are carefully interweaved with the central theme of the book - what happened to Randy Morgenson.

Personally, I felt that this was a long read, but an easy one as well. The narative is well written, and keeps the reader interested, but give yourself time to get from one cover to the next. For those that love detective stories, and outdoor adventure, this is the perfect combination of both.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Last Season.