Jan C's Reviews > The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion

The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion by Alice Kimberly

May 20, 09

bookshelves: mystery
Read in May, 2009

These are fairly light mysteries, but I find them entertaining. It provides the lesson - don't fall in love with a ghost, there's not much substance to it. The only time she can see her ghost is when he chooses to haunt her dreams.

I'm sure that as long as these stories get written I will probably keep picking them up. So far they haven't gotten boring. Although I'm not too crazy about some of the names for groups that are meeting in her bookstore - a little too cutesy for my tastes. But it does help that her ghost is a hard-bitten 1940s private detective.

And I spent most of this book trying to remember the first name of the love interest from the movie "The Lady in the Lake". I knew her last name was Fromsett but couldn't for the life of me remember her first until I went to IMDB tonight. There is a Mrs. Fromsett in this book and she does have a daughter but neither of the same first name as the character in the movie.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Ghost and the Haunted Mansion.