Steph's Reviews > Destined for an Early Grave

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

2142019
Feb 14, 11

bookshelves: year-read-2009, my-re-reads, year-read-2011, author-웃, author-favorite, series-i-love, series-ended, series-completed
Read from February 14 to 15, 2011, read count: 2

Duplicate Listing

1st read:
1 Aug 2009
Re-read: 15 Feb 2011

[Initial Review ~ Rating remains]

Re-Read Review (2011):

As always, Jeaniene Frost never fails to keep me entertained. There are fantastic quotes throughout, as with all her books, Cat-fights, Bare-Bones, and Vlad. ;)

I found myself more interested in Spade, Mencheres, and Vlad this time, most likely due to their books/appearances in her spin-off Night Huntress World books.

I'm SO excited to read more about Vlad. He is quickly becoming one of my favorites in this series.

Cat & Bones are finding that relationships, even theirs, are not always sunshine and rainbows. They fight and fight a LOT. (A bit too much -of the book- for my liking) And, more than ever, I would love more from Bones' POV. Mencheres has kept a secret, a big one, one that Cat now finds herself haunted by every time she sleeps. Can she stay awake long enough to keep those she loves safe and keep the man that she loves?

I was a bit frustrated this go 'round (view spoiler)

I should probably reduce my rating to 4★ following my re-read, but for some reason, I guess my overall love of this series and the author's books, I just can't make myself do it.

I am very much looking forward to This Side of the Grave!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined for an Early Grave.

07/31/2009 page 100
28.17% "Gotta love Bones! ... ah to have someone call ya "Kitten" :)"
08/01/2009 page 355
100.0% "Gotta love Bones! ... ah to have someone call ya "Kitten" :)"
02/14/2011 page 1
0.0% "Re-reading in prep for This Side of the Grave" :)"
02/14/2011
20.0% "“I was married once,” she remarked. “His name was Jacques. One night, Jacques beat me, and I knew he liked it. The next morning, I gave him a poisoned tonic, then I buried him underneath my porch. Now every time I take a lover, I call him Jacques, to remind me that if I have to, I’ll kill him.” Marie don't take no shit, boys!" 2 comments
02/14/2011
22.0% "“I don’t give a rot if Mencheres yanked her off your throbbing, rigid cock,” Bones snarled. “Go dream a little dream, you sod!”. Yeah! So, freck off, ya freckin frecker."
02/14/2011
100.0% "Still loved it. But, I did have a bit'o frustration with Kiity Cat this go 'round. Full review to follow."

Comments (showing 1-3)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jennifer Great to know that Frost's Night Huntress books haven't lost their flavor. I will be reading this one soon - thanks for your review!

Steph Jennifer wrote: "Great to know that Frost's Night Huntress books haven't lost their flavor. I will be reading this one soon - thanks for your review!"

Nope and I love how easy a read her books are, although that just means that I finish them a little too quickly. There was a point at which the bickering was starting to get old, but the story around it all was good. Hope you like it too.

Have you heard about her new spin-off? There's an excerpt in the back of the book for the 1st one and it sounds like it should be neat. I'm interested in learning more about the other characters. I'm glad she's chosen to do it this way so we don't lose any "time" with Kat & Bones.

message 1: by AH (new) - rated it 3 stars

AH I completely agree with your spoiler comments. Great review!