Melissa's Reviews > Bacon: A Love Story: A Salty Survey of Everybody's Favorite Meat

Bacon by Heather Lauer

May 20, 09

Read in May, 2009

Hooray, Bacon Nation!

First of all, it's great to know that there are tons of equally, if not more obsessed bacon-philes out there. Lauer does a great job of exploring the history of The Best Meat Ever as well as how it continues to rise in popularity through is prevalence in pop culture and fine dining.

The recipes look lovely, although I have yet to try any, and the history is comprehensive, but I still think this book lacks a bit of body, and I think that's because of the subject at hand. Lauer is dependent upon a mere handful of bloggers and chefs for interview information and continues to quote the same figures throughout the book. Plus, I must admit that I'm still uncomfortable with the thought of a tangible book that bases its assumptions largely upon blogging trends.

This book was a great idea for a quick read, and thoroughly entertaining, but perhaps a bit longer than it needed to be. A great gift for any bacon lover.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bacon.