Rosa's Reviews > Last Shot: A Final Four Mystery

Last Shot by John Feinstein

1913711
May 20, 09

liked it
bookshelves: battle-of-the-books, realistic-fiction, young-adult, boy-reads, mystery, 2009
Read in May, 2009

** spoiler alert ** I thought I would hate this book because it is a sports book and I am so not sports girl, but it was actually pretty good. There are long passages with details about how college basketball works that I could have done without, but I have to admit they were helpful in figuring out how things could affect each other.

Stevie and Susan Carol win the US Basketball Writers Association young writers award and get to go to the final four in New Orleans to cover the games for smaller papers that can't afford to send someone. They overhear a teacher talking to Chip Graber, one of the most famous and important players at the game, blackmailing him to throw the final game. They mention what they heard to their supervisors but the supervisors think they misheard. They think it's impossible to throw the game. The kids eventually manage to contact Chip and tell him they want to help him. They uncover a gambling operation that relies on Chip losing the game.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Shot.