Sally's Reviews > Eustacia Goes to the Chalet School

Eustacia Goes to the Chalet School by Elinor M. Brent-Dyer

Mar 27, 11

bookshelves: boarding-school, chalet-school, childrens, austria, chalet-school-ts
Read on March 26, 2011, read count: 2

Haha!! What a holy terror of a girl Eustacia is! This was a re-read, but it's been so long since my first (and I think only) read that I didn't recognise much of it, if any, really.

Eustacia is awesome to read about. She's just plain awful! An uppity little sneak who looks down on everyone and doesn't care who she is rude to. Older students, prefects, even teachers! Certainly makes for fun reading! I was laughing out loud more than once at her antics.

Interesting to re-read a very early book in the series as well, since my 'pet' era generally tends to be the Guernsey/Armiford/St. Briavel's era - most of my favourite characters seem to be at school during those books. So to go back to book 6, where Jo is still a student herself, as was at least one other future teacher; to read about girls whose characters I'd more or less forgotten and whose names I only knew as 'old girls', it was interesting! The whole wedding chapter I found very slow and dull, though. And I am still just as meh over Robin as ever.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eustacia Goes to the Chalet School.