Ingela Hyatt's Reviews > Shadows and Lace

Shadows and Lace by Teresa Medeiros

May 20, 09

bookshelves: keeper-shelf, teresa-medeiros, historical-romance
Read in January, 1998

Another one of my all time favorites from Ms. Medeiros.

Sir Gareth is dark, brooding, and tortured by the fact he killed his beautiful and alluring stepmother. Or did he? Everyone seems to think so, including the women who want to spend the night in his bed because of his dark and dangerous reputation.

When Gareth wins Lady Rowena in a dice game with her father, even the few friends he has left begin to doubt him. For Gareth has plans...he intends to use Rowena in destroying her father, the man truly responsible for the downfall of his family.

But there are some things Gareth didn't count on. Like Rowena's beauty, charm, strength and spirit. And the very fact he finds her irresistible. Sometimes, even the best laid plans of revenge can be thwarted by love...

From the moment I read this book, I LOVED it! Sir Gareth is such a tortured soul in desperate need of rescuing, and Rowena's innocence and spirit is just what he needs. I love the how Gareth fights not only his attraction to her (though part of his plan is to ruin her) but also the deep emotion which he fights tooth and nail. And the ending...is totally shocking. Not your usual Romance.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadows and Lace.