Thomas's Reviews > The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

2018505
Jun 19, 09

bookshelves: five-stars, own-physical, young-adult, science-fiction, romance, dystopia
Read in June, 2009

"The Hunger Games" is about sixteen year old Katniss Everdeen, whose little sister is chosen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death between twenty four contestants that is televised on national TV. Katniss takes her place, and along with a boy named Peeta Mellark from her fellow district, must survive long enough until all of their competition are killed. This story takes place in the nation of Panem, which is divided into twelve districts (the thirteenth tried to rebel and was destroyed). The Hunger Games take place for the purpose of reminding each district that rebellion is pointless... until Katniss chooses to particpate.

I loved this book, it was really really addicting. There was a lot of action and some romance, as well as adventure and drama. Katniss was a likeable narrator, and her conflicts, internal and external, were both believeable and well written. The only complaint I have is that now I cannot wait for "Catching Fire", the second book in this series, to come out.
10 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunger Games.

06/18/2009 page 73

Ralph I can't wait until Catching Fire comes out either! I hope it lives up to this book.

Thomas I just got my copy of "Catching Fire" from the bookstore! OMG!