Monica's Reviews > Restless Virgins: Love, Sex, and Survival at a New England Prep School

Restless Virgins by Abigail Jones

Oct 25, 07

bookshelves: 2007, nonfiction
Recommended for: people who find Gossip Girls shocking but still continue to read them
Read in October, 2007

Ugh. Uninspired expose about spoiled rotten prep school kids, written by grown up prep school kids. Lots and lots of florid descriptions of the underground high school sex scene. Don't bother.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Restless Virgins.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new) - rated it 1 star

Anna Uninspired is right.
I saw your review, and while I haven't finished the book (it's been a struggle because I'm bored), I felt compelled to read it because I was in the same graduating class as one of the authors.
I think that this book is exactly like teenage gossip (I've never read Gossip Girls but it sounds akin) in the adult realm. And what I find so appalling is that neither author lived a life even remotely close to that of any of the characters. I'm not sure I can even finish it, but I just wanted to say...Your review hit it on the nose.

message 2: by Todd (new)

Todd I don't mean to be too critical, but why is "lots and lots of florid descriptions..." a reason not to bother with this book? Perhaps the answer is obvious to you, but it is not to me.

Monica *g* I suppose for some people lots and lots of florid descriptions might be a good thing. For me, it was too much and too silly. To each her own of course, that's what writing these reviews is all about.